Hayes Theatre Co is seeking a Marketing Manager
Employment Basis Full-time (38hrs per week). Two-year contract.
Reports to General Manager
Direct Reports Marketing Associate
Remuneration $70,000 - $75,000 pa (range), plus super and leave allowances. Time in lieu provisions
Hayes Theatre Co develops and produces some of the most exciting musical theatre in Australia. Over eight thrilling years, the company has developed a reputation for highly entertaining, exceptional quality musicals, where new Australian writing rubs shoulders with bold new productions of Broadway and Westend hits.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed Marketing Manager - a new role - to join our team and drive marketing activity during a period of considerable growth for the company. The Marketing Manager is a leadership position with responsibility for developing and delivering Hayes’ marketing and brand strategies.
After an incredibly challenging time for the sector – and for the wider community – we have emerged into an environment where the ability to cut through and communicate effectively with existing and potential new audiences will be key to the success of any organisation.
The ideal candidate will bring expertise in proven methodologies and a data-driven approach to strategy and analysis, together with a strong desire to embrace innovation and the ambition to succeed in a highly competitive market.
Set your career on the right trajectory by joining one of the fastest growing and most exciting performing arts companies in Australia. The position comes with considerable responsibility and autonomy; you’ll learn more, contribute more, and develop your skills faster than you ever thought possible, and you’ll do it with the support of a friendly, inclusive, and fun-loving team who’ll go out of their way to help you succeed.
If you’re passionate about supporting incredible artists, thrilled by the prospect of shaping the voice of a leading arts organisation, and want to help us realise our vision for the future of musical theatre in Australia, then get in touch, we’d love to hear from you!
-- Objectives --
1. Research, develop and implement marketing strategies to promote the company and individual productions to maximise box office and philanthropic revenue.
- Create the company’s annual Marketing Plan.
- Manage the rollout of campaigns and ensure the company’s adherence to the marketing calendar and schedules.
- Project manage the creation of exceptional marketing collateral.
- Direct audience communications via the company’s marketing automation platform (MailChimp).
- In collaboration with the General Manager, manage the company’s marketing budget.
- Advise on advertising spend and the best avenues for promoting productions.
- Oversee the design and delivery of all publications, including annual reports, season brochures, programs, posters, and digital assets.
- Work with the General Manager to develop fundraising collateral and facilitate communication with donors.
- Generate content by writing copy for campaigns and designing collateral when necessary. Most of our graphic assets are created externally, but simple design projects are done in-house, generally by the Marketing Associate.
- Help maintain relationships with key external stakeholders.
- Ensure Hayes events and activities are documented and recorded, maintain our digital archives.
- Ensure Hayes is utilising the latest technologies and platforms to maximise the effectiveness of our communications.
2. Build awareness and understanding of the Hayes brand.
- Together with the General Manager and Hayes board, assist in the review and refresh of the Hayes brand.
- Maintain the company website. Responsibility is shared with the Front of House Manager.
- Develop brand policies and guidelines to ensure consistent communications.
- Attract and retain new and diverse audiences for Hayes.
- Engage with the local community, other arts organisations and associations to raise awareness of Hayes.
3. Working with the Front of House Manager, utilise our CRM system (ENTA) and analyse ticketing data to increase the effectiveness of direct marketing.
- Ensure the company database is maintained appropriately, and all necessary data is captured.
- Utilise existing data to shape marketing activities.
- Set up Power BI reports (ENTA feature) to provide insight into ticketing trends for the General Manager and Board.
- Analyse and report on the effectiveness of campaigns.
- Remain abreast of changing marketing and communications trends, new technologies, and media consumption and usage.
- The Marketing Manager reports to the General Manager and works with the Hayes Communications Committee to achieve our marketing and audience development goals.
- Manage the Marketing Associate, who has responsibility for social media, some content creation and event promotion.
- Liaise with the Communications Committee, a sub-committee of the board.
- Working with the Administration Manager and independent producers to facilitate the promotion of independent productions presented at Hayes.
- Liaise with external marketing agencies/suppliers, photographers, publicists, and designers.
- Liaise with cast and creatives to facilitate the promotion of Hayes musicals through social media and publicity.
5 Selection Criteria
- 3-5 years full-time recent experience in a marketing role, preferably in the Arts.
- Exceptional communication and copywriting expertise, with demonstrated experience in creating marketing copy with a strong audience/customer focused approach.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communications skills.
- Experience in developing and implementing strategic marketing plans, including audience development strategies.
- Understanding of Facebook Business Manager and Google Analytics.
- Proven ability to develop arts marketing collateral in a range of digital and print formats.
- The ability to deliver clear briefs and provide creative direction to ensure collateral aligns with the creative vision of the production.
- Proven experience using customer databases and insights to make data‐driven decisions and shape marketing strategy and activity. Familiarity with ENTA preferred.
- A passion for the performing arts and musical theatre.
- Excellent digital competency and high-level computer acumen.
- Strong knowledge and experience of digital marketing, including established and emerging social media platforms.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proven ability to deliver complex projects on time and on budget.
- A strong attention to detail.
- A willingness to take on ad hoc tasks and new duties as required.
Ordinary Hours and Time in Lieu
The position is full-time 38 hours a week. Occasional after hours and weekend work is required. Time-in-lieu is provided for significant overtime.
The Marketing Manager will work from the Hayes office at 32 Orwell Street in Potts Point. Flexible working arrangements are possible, including working from home one day a week. We’re committed to making the role work for the right person and are happy to discuss how the position can be tailored to suit your personal circumstance.
Hayes Theatre Co is committed to ensuring that no employee is working beyond a reasonable capacity to ensure a safe and healthy workplace and will review working hours as required.
Diversity and representation
Musical theatre is changing and so are the artists we work with, the projects we support and performers we see on stage. Hayes is committed to cultural inclusion and diversity being reflected throughout the organisation. We strongly encourage applications from First Nations people, those who are culturally and linguistically diverse, people of all abilities, and people from LGBTQIA+ communities.
-- Apply --
Applications must include a cover letter (maximum two pages) addressing the selection criteria and a detailed CV that includes the name and contact details of two referees.
Please send to Will Harvey at: email@example.com no later than 5pm Wednesday 4 May. An early appointment will be considered, and the position may be filled prior to the closing date.
To discuss any aspect of the position prior to submission, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org