NIDA Open Day 2019
Australia’s National Institute of Dramatic Art (NIDA) is throwing open its doors on 15 June 2019 for a free Open Day of performances, classes, panel discussions and exhibitions.
Named in the top ten of Hollywood Reporter’s world’s best drama schools, NIDA’s alumni work across the world as actors, directors, writers, designers, costume and properties creators, screen and stage managers and technicians. Award-winning actors Cate Blanchett, Baz Luhrmann, Judy Davis, Yael Stone, Remy Hii, Miranda Tapsell and Miranda Otto learnt their craft here. Designers Fiona Crombie (The Favourite) and Deborah Riley (HBO Drama series Game of Thrones) studied at NIDA, along with costume designer Edie Kurzer (Picnic at Hanging Rock) to name just a handful of award-winning theatre, film and television artists.
NIDA graduates from across the performing arts spectrum will be taking part in Open Day, including alumni from all the courses.
NIDA will present five stunning June Student Productions back-to-back throughout the day. The Kensington campus will also come alive with a choice of free activities from 9am to 4pm, suitable for children, teenagers and adults interested in higher education, from diploma to postgraduate level courses, corporate training and NIDA Open classes.
- Watch a make-up professional at work in the foyer.
- Observe an acting or singing class.
- Try a free NIDA Open course in Creative Play, Improvisation, Screen Acting, Script Analysis or TV Presenting.
- Talk to a Course Leader about everything from Acting to Costume, Directing, Design for Performance, Live Production, Make-up, Musical Theatre, Props, Scenic Construction, Stage Management, Voice, Writing and more.
- Watch any of five stunning NIDA June Student Productions Season shows, followed by a Q&A panel with the cast and crew.
- Check out students at work in the Costume, Props or Staging Workshops.
- Observe an aerial class or a singing class. Learn more about creative leadership in a panel session from NIDA’s graduate program.
Entrance is free to NIDA Open Day, but attendees need to register in advance.
Register at nida.edu.au/open-day