Chitty Chitty Bang Bang Set / Props For Sale
Cowra Musical and Dramatic Societya collection of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang set and prop items for sale following the Society's recent production.
Most of the props, including the car, were built by Lithgow Musical Society for their 2016 production. They were subsequently used by the Parkes Musical and Dramatic Society in 2017.
Due to limited storage space the Cowra M&D is eager to sell the items as quickly as possible. The company is asking $3500 for the job lot with the purchaser to arrange collection from Cowra.
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang car– timber with steel frame
- Working headlights
- Retractable wings (controlled by children in rear seat)
- LED lights on wing edges
- LED lights to illuminate front and rear seat passengers
- New nylon casters for ease of movement (Car is moved by driver and front seat passenger)
- Compressed air piping to allow inflation of flotation rings over front wheels. (Floatation rings and air cylinder included).
- Car can be safely lifted using four attachment points on steel frame
- Approximate weight 150kg empty.
Old Chitty car– timber
- Approximately half size of main car
- Doubles as Baronial car in Act 2 Scene 1 ‘Roses of Success’ with addition of green corflute bonnet
Truly Scrumptious Motor Cycle
- Modified bicycle
- Can be ridden
Breakfast making machine– timber, metal, plastic
- Rotating wheel with sausages
- Spiral for egg delivery
- Space for additional props including plates, boiled eggs, etc
Sweet making machine– timber and metal
- Additional items include; 3 x toot sweet whistles, 12 x non-playable toot sweets, 4 x raspberry lollies
Hair cutting machine– Timber and metal
- LED lights controlled by operator; exterior – white, interior – red
- Emits ‘Smoke’
Windmill House – cardboard and corflute
- Height - approximately two metres
- Used on stage at Lithgow and Parkes and as a prop in the foyer at Cowra
Grandpa’s laboratory/Out house – timber and cardboard
- Rear access for entry/exit
- Can be lifted using attached lifting rings in roof
- Additional items include: Miniature laboratory/Out house (with interior lighting) and enclosure. The enclosure attaches to the front of the stage to conceal the miniature which can be pulled above the audience on a light line. The light activates automatically as the miniature leaves the enclosure.
Childcatcher’s cage – Timber and plastic
- Easily moved by one person.
- Removable curtain to conceal cage
Petrol bowsers x 2 – Cardboard and plastic
- One free-standing with fuel nozzle
- One doubles as disguise for spy
Baron’s Birthday cake and cake table – Timber and cardboard
Large sewer pipes x 3 - Heavy industrial cardboard
- Designed so they cannot roll. Used for entry of sewer children.
Large steamer case
- Painted red for use in Toymaker’s store
Props for beach scene – Corflute
- Palm trees x 2 – Approximately height 2.4 metres
- Seagulls x 3
- Sand castle x 1
- Raised beach edges x 2
Miscellaneous gear wheels – Corflute
- For Pott’s laboratory
Grandprix banner – Calico with timber poles
- Dual sided – Grand Prix 1909/Grand Prix 1910
Large Vulgarian Flag x 3 – Cotton/Silk Fabric
Cover for Fun Fair stand – Cotton Fabric
- Used by Lithgow and Parkes. Not used in Cowra production.
Some additional small items not used in the Cowra production are also included but not listed.
Cowra Musical and Dramatic Society Inc.
Phone: 02 6341 3337 or 0408 639 088