Kids DJ / Children Entertainer / Dancer for Kids Parties
• Part-time work: $40 - $50 per hour based on talent/experience
• Available for occasional Fridays 3-6pm, and regular weekend work 1-5pm
• Gigs mainly in the Northern Beaches and North shore area
• Eligible to work in Australia, exceptional English-speaking skills required
• Have reliable car and minimum P’s driver’s licence
• Paid training in performance, dance, and DJ skills
What is DJ KitKat?
We’re one of Sydney’s leading kids DJs & children’s entertainers specialising in birthday parties, school discos and public DJ performances for family audiences. (Kids, Tweens & Teens: 5-12 yrs old).
About the Role:
This part-time position requires mostly Friday afternoons and weekend work driving to various party locations including private homes, community halls, schools and public events. You feel confident working solo or with other entertainers.
Most discos go for 2-3 hours. You choose your gigs, committing to a minimum of 2 x gigs per weekend.
• The primary purpose is to conduct children’s discos utilising music, games, choreographed dance routines, and a happy energetic disposition.
• The scope of work involves preparing playlists, driving to & from parties, set-up & pack-down of equipment, performance of gig, and promoting DJ KitKat discos at the end of each event.
To be successful in this role you will have:
1) Must be 17yrs or older
2) Have a valid ‘Working with Children’s Check’ (WWCC) - or the willingness to apply for one
3) Motivated and committed to work weekends including Friday afternoons, nearly every Saturday or Sundays for 3 – 4 hour blocks of time
4) Have own reliable car, current driver’s licence and be willing to drive to gigs (predominantly north side with occasional Sydney metro work)
5) Have excellent organisation & time management skills
6) Dance skills to teach kids simple dance moves
7) Have performance showmanship with LOTS of energy & enthusiasm
8) Must LOVE interacting with kids
Ideally be based within 30 mins drive from the North Shore or the Northern Beaches (all training and most parties will be in these areas).
Drive: We value people who are hungry for and not afraid of hard work, ie. available, reliable and committed to work and going above & beyond when it’s required.
Humility: We are interested in true ‘Team Players’ who can work together and have each other’s backs,
ie. they share credit and emphasise team over self. Humility is about “not thinking less of yourself, but thinking of yourself less”.
Authenticity: The key to our success is authentic connection & engagement with kids and family audiences resulting in memorable experiences. We strive for two-way connection or energy exchange with our audiences, rather than a one-way performance showing off one’s skills.
Fun & Openheartedness: This is a job with heart… when we feel it, our audience does too! We care about and have a real love for working with kids. Fun & friendliness is a part of who we are. We get a buzz out of empowering children and generally like making people feel happy.
What we offer:
• An excellent rate of pay dependent on talent and/or experience, between $40 - $50 per hour.
• A paid comprehensive training program to bring entertainers up to speed with all aspects of the role, including on-line, in studio, and live-gig training.
• On-going professional development: performance feedback & evaluations, team jam workshops, public performance opportunities to develop performance skills and audience connection.
• We aim to provide a culture that is collaborative and supportive.
• We are entering an exciting stage in our business development. We see this is an opportunity for a passionate and committed individual to join us on this journey.
Only applicants with full rights/eligibility to work in Australia will be considered for this opportunity.
If you’re interested, please email your resume (with photo) to email@example.com, along with a short cover letter telling us why you’d make a great fit for the position.
We’re looking for long-term applicants only (at least 1-year commitment).
We look forward to hearing from you! :)